create music medley?

SusieQ 09:29 08 Mar 2003

We are planning a 60th birthday party for my dad. I was wondering if it is possible to create a music medley of all of his favourite tracks, into one (1) track. I have windows 98 SE, a CD burner and roxio software. I'm a beginner, so go easy. Thanks.

pj123 15:34 08 Mar 2003

What a good idea. Just record all the tracks you want to your hard disk and then burn them to CD as an Audio disk. i use a programme called LP Recorder to do the recording. It has a pause control on it so you can find the next track etc... Go to click here

Border View 15:36 08 Mar 2003

I tried doing this but get the message that the track was protected. How do I overcome this please?

pj123 15:39 08 Mar 2003

As an afterthought, what sort of deadline are we looking at here? If is short you could send me a cassette with all the tracks on and i will put them on a CD for you????? and post them back to you.

bremner 16:20 08 Mar 2003

SusieQ

If you are using WMP to rip the CD's then one of the settings in Tools>Options>Copy Music make sure there is no tick in the "Copy protect music" box.

Border View 16:25 08 Mar 2003

Thanks bremner

bruno 16:43 08 Mar 2003

You can do what you want on your Roxio software.I did it last weekend using the same gear you have.Use " Make a music CD".I did it as an MP3 and I can play it back through my computer or an MP3 player.If you use"Shuffle"it mixes them up.I got about 7 cd s onto one disc.If you don't want to use mp3 you can still do it on Roxio.

SusieQ 12:27 12 Mar 2003

Sorry guys, thanks for your help so far but I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to do. I don't even know if it's possible to do. I already know how to create compilation CD's. I'm talking about creating a medley (snippets of dad's favourite tracks all rolled into one song).

leo49 13:20 12 Mar 2003

You can easily do it with Nero Wave Editor - simply select chunks of tunes and save to individual files, then insert and segway together to form one continuous track - bit like the old "Stars on 45" of a few years back.

Regards

pj123 14:47 12 Mar 2003

Yes, using LP Recorder you can do that. Just record 3 or 4 bars of the first song then hit pause find the next and record 3 or 4 bars of that then hit pause again and so on. Look at click here

SusieQ 03:52 14 Mar 2003

thanks guys. I'll give them a go. Will report back soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone