Create chart in Office 2007.

gengiscant 08:02 24 Apr 2010

After a long bout of ill health I have decided to use the gym facilities offered by my local council,which for folk in my situation cost a very reasonable, one pound.
The staff are very helpful and between us we have worked out an exercise program which can be recorded on this chart.[IMG]click here[/IMG] and [IMG]click here[/IMG] which is a photocopy of the front and back of the exercise record.

The help I am looking for is guidance on how to create a similar looking chart using Office 2007.
Is there a tutorial out there that will show me how to create the different elements in a hopefully simple way?
My purpose is to keep a neat record on my PC which I can print when needed to show my consultant.

I have played around with excel but although I can create a chart of sorts, it is taking me ages to do even the simplest of aspects.
Thanks in advance.

fishmad pete 08:17 24 Apr 2010

Easiest method is to create a table with the maximum number of colums and rows.
Select the first Row in total and merge the cells to produce one cell.
in the second row select the first five cells and select merge. This should give you the general idea how to set up the table. If you are going to print it then don't forget to add boards etc to the cells

Hope this helps

gengiscant 08:49 24 Apr 2010

Not sure 'fishmad pete'I assume you meant use Excel as opposed to Word? if what you have suggested has helped but this is what I have managed so far.[IMG]click here[/IMG]

As you can see I am slowly getting there, now I would like to put a thicker line down some columns to separate them better, cannot seem to do this.Would also like to put a diagonal line through some cells as they need to record 2 related figures.

Thanks again.

gengiscant 10:25 24 Apr 2010

OK, figured out the borders, still looking to put a diagonal line in cells and I have managed to save,so it prints on another sheet,three more rows, cannot figure out how to stop/delete this yet.

gengiscant 10:33 24 Apr 2010

Figured out the diagonal, now if I can just remove the etra page and its three rows I will be sorted.

BRYNIT 11:07 24 Apr 2010

gengiscant

If you are still having problems send me your email address via the yellow envelop and I will email a copy of the one I did in MS word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?