Create Bootable DVD from bootable CD

compumac 16:30 17 Sep 2007

I have a Packard Bell laptop with a faulty DVD/CD rom and it will only now read DVD’s and intermittently read CD’s. I have a Symantec recovery CD and wish to create a recovery DVD from it so that when the inevitable happens I have resources available to assist to reinstall a Ghost image currently on an external drive.
Anyone with suggestions as to how to copy from the CD to DVD in order to create a bootable DVD?
I have Nero V6.0.

skidzy 16:41 17 Sep 2007

I dont use Nero but im guessing it will work pretty much the same as Vista's burning suite and Sonic.

As the cd is already bootable ,i would look for something under Nero to make exact copy of the disc,but the drive will need to read from the cd first,unless you do this on another computer.

compumac 17:23 17 Sep 2007

I should have said that I have a main PC that has Nero, but the problem is in copying the CD to DVD as Nero does not display the facility to copy dissimilar formats. I have copied the content of the CD to DVD by using make a data disc, but the DVD does not bootup when in the laptop although using Windows Exporer the content of the DVD can be seen to be there. If the content is on the DVD pehaps I could make it bootable as a separate issue?

skidzy 18:17 17 Sep 2007

click here
may help out.

Im sure Nero has the faclity to burn iso's.

Though i believe Imgburn will do this for you.click here

compumac 19:17 17 Sep 2007

Thanks for advice!!

Have succeeded by creating an image of Symantec Recovery disc from CD to hard disc. Then copied the image from hard disc to DVD using Nero.
It worked!!
This means that with the CD Rom on the laptop not functioning I can also re/install programmes that are currently on CD’s by creating an image of the CD to hard disc and then copy the image to DVD - or there problems with that avenue?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?