Create bootable disc with acronis.

Meshuga 18:54 29 Mar 2007

I am trying to create a bootable disc usin acronis TI Home version 10. I have tried, using Packard Bell CD-RW discs and TDK CD-R80 discs and each time, when the progress bar gets near the end, it stops and a message appears saying "Bad Media try a different media" All these discs are new. Anyone any idea why this should happen please an how to overcome it. My OS is XPhome sp2.

skidzy 18:57 29 Mar 2007

Could be that you drive is fussy Meshuga,sadly this is a common occurence...me included.

skidzy 18:59 29 Mar 2007

Funny you mention TDK CD-R80's i have a 50 spindle here unopened...now going to try them.QD special discount pack ha ha...will let you know how i get on with them.

anskyber 19:03 29 Mar 2007

Can't help but I hope you had a great birthday yesterday. (89) You obviously did wake up to find you are still here!

Meshuga 19:03 29 Mar 2007

Thanks skidzy, would it serve the same purpose if I created a bootable disk on to an external hard drive. Would it boot from there? I`m new to acronis so don`t know much about it.

anskyber 19:08 29 Mar 2007

I forgot to ask, when wishing you a happy birthday, did you download Acronis or buy the disc? If you bought the disc it is bootable and you do not need the create one.

skidzy 19:09 29 Mar 2007

Little belated Meshuga,Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Just used the same discs here and fine,though i know that does not help you much...sorry.

If you have a cd/dvd lens cleaner disc,try it and see if it improves.

Best thing is create the image in Acronis TI and save to the external drive,sorry a little new to TI10,came through today and now need a new external drive myself...(hence my thread in the helproom)..as long as your bios will boot from the external drive,you should be fine.

cocteau48 19:11 29 Mar 2007

When I tried the trial version I created a bootable disk on on a IMITATION CD-R80 with no problems.
I then bought the prog (from Amazon) and the installation disk is also the boot disk - better,I think,than paying for a download direct from Acronis themselves.

Technotiger 19:12 29 Mar 2007

Hi, try different blank cdr, or perhaps laser in CD might need cleaning, have you got a cleaning cd to run in drive - cost a couple of quid at most from any pc outlet. I clean mine regularly - especially important if anyone in the house is a smoker, which I am not! The bootable disk needs to be a CD, not on a hard-drive.

Meshuga 19:13 29 Mar 2007

Hi anskyber, Yes, had a great day yesterday. Lady friend took me out to dinner at a local riverside pub. And,as you said, I did wake up and found that I was still here. I intend to go on doing it as long as possible too. Regards, Meshuga.

skidzy 19:13 29 Mar 2007

Am i correct:

though the disc is bootable,you still need the image backup from another source to rescue a distressed system.

Im new to Acronis,only ever used the version 7 (downloaded) and that failed everytime.
So im watching every post at the moment regarding ATI 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?