Create an association in the Folders Option

Speedwell82 14:48 23 Feb 2007

I'm using Windows XP

When I try to open some attacments on e-mails I get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folders option control panel"

How do I do this?

Other attachments open normally!

silverous 14:52 23 Feb 2007

Go to control panel, then Folder Options, then "File Types" tab at the top. Look down for the file extension you are trying to open as an attachment - e.g. XLS would be for Excel. You can also click New if one isn't in there and complete it.

See

click here

VoG II 15:08 23 Feb 2007
  ceni72 00:06 23 Sep 2007

When I try to click on the link to go to my VoipCheapCom account page, it says:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action, create an association in the folder option control panel. Please help me how to create one. It was working fine last week, today this warning came. Could it be because I tried to install a websweeper cleaning program and it messed my voipcheap account? I uninstalled it and install it again, losing my previous credit, it gives me the same warning. Can you advise please.

ceni72 19:21 23 Sep 2007

Hi Marg7, what you mean by starting a new thread? What will that do to my problem? Can you be more specific please?

Taff™ 19:56 23 Sep 2007

At the top of the forum below where it says "Forum>Helproom" click on the words "Start New Subject" Make the subject something like - VoipCheapCom Lost Link and then post a brief description like your original.

By posting on someone else`s thread you are hijacking and unlikely to attract assistance from a forum member who may have experienced a similar problem with that program.

ceni72 22:26 24 Sep 2007

Thank you guys, I only posted it there because I thought was similar problem with the other guy. I open a new thread now.

DieSse 23:09 24 Sep 2007

Speedwell82

But you can only create an association that will work if you actually have a program to open the type of file you get the message with.

So what file type is it you need to open? - and have you got the program to open it?

silverous 09:12 25 Sep 2007

Diesse, I think speedwell is long gone. I didn't recognise this in "my postings" - and that is because his post was from feb this year, one of those "I'll post a question and never come back and give any feedback on it" I'm afraid it seems. The thread hijacking above didn't help as it brought it back to the top.

DieSse 09:22 25 Sep 2007

silverous - yup, missed that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?