CRC Errors - Nero CD/DVD Speed

Lorenzo 16:45 09 Apr 2007

I have an LG GSA-H22L Burner installed which burns CD's and DVD's fine but I have errors when Burning Double Layer Media.
I am using Nero 6 OEM and have tried using the CD/DVD Speed utility to test the drive,but when testing with a DVD it comes back with CRC errors.

Please can anyone help.

mocha 18:44 09 Apr 2007

Chunk's of information are being written to your DVD and when it's checked against the original chunk from the copied source there are errors, this could be down to the DVD disc's you are writing to. (try a different Brand). or your DVD drive. Is it an older drive?

Lorenzo 20:32 09 Apr 2007

The drive I am using is new and is connected as a Master on the secondary port together with an LG GSA 4163B DVD Writer as the slave a slightly older model.
The latter passes the Nero Speed test with no errors both with CDR's and DVDR's.
The new drive passes the test using CDR's but not DVDR's, this is the worry if the data is corrupt when wrighting to DVDR's. Why is this, is it the Nero Speed test thats not compatible?
Using Nero 6 to burn both CDR's and DVDR's seems to be O.K. as they varify with no errors.
As to the Brand of DVD+DL's I'm going to try Verbertim disks as many forums recommend them.

Lorenzo 13:07 22 Apr 2007

I have changed the Ultra IDE cable which as resulted in more errors and won't even burn Cd's without errors.This cable is a bit longer though and I have read somewhere that there is a Max. length to the spec.
Tried another type of DVD but no better.

Can anyone suggest a solution.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?