crazy keypad

bigduvat 14:37 16 Sep 2009

when I'm typing on the keyboard (laptop)-the typing jumps back into previous words or sometimes forward.
I have to bring the cursor back again to continue.
Can anyone help? it's driving me crazy!

Peter 16:29 16 Sep 2009

Perhaps you are touching the mouse pad as you are typing, which might make the cursor jump about. You may be able to temporarily disable the mouse pad using an Fn + F? Key combination, so that you can type without the mouse pad interfering.

If you let us know which laptop you are using someone may be able to let you know the key combination you need to use.

Peter.

bigduvat 20:38 18 Sep 2009

I have a Dell laptop (windows vista) and use a synaptic mouse. I am also very careful when typing but it still jumps about even although I've slowed it down.

Terminus90 16:20 01 Oct 2009

hi bigduvat, have you tried using a different mouse (e.g. usb) or disabling your mouse pad or maybe a system restore to when your keyboard was working ok?

chub_tor 17:12 01 Oct 2009

I had the same problem with my Toshiba laptop and decided to install the Synaptics generic driver instead. click here There are warnings of what might happen if you use it instead of the dedicated laptop driver but for me it has resulted in a much more stable touch pad. If it doesn't work you can always go into Device Manager and roll back to the Dell driver. I am presuming that you have checked with the Dell Support website to make sure that you have their latest touchpad driver installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?