Crashing/Blue Screen after Hibernation/Sleep

danpep5552 13:02 28 Feb 2010

I had built for me a computer main components were: Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Sock 8MB L3 Cache, ASUS P7P55D PRO iP55 Sock LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Mobo, Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 Dominator Mem, Asus 8400GS Silent 512MB DDR2, CoolerMaster 600W Silent Pro Modular PSU - 50A Single Rail, Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler, Win7. I have been getting crashes ( 5 times a day)/blue screens which dump files indicate memory or driver problems I am advised is probably the case. I have narrowed this down to occurring after Hibernation or Sleep. Rebooting the system doesn’t cure the problem. In testing the memory sticks one at a time and the sockets in which they are placed, or interchanging them the problem is solved seemingly until I Hibernate or Sleep again. If I take out/reinstall the RAM again the crashes stop. (3 days and running so far) I had no problems in the first two week s of running. I have taken off all new programmes & drivers since the problem started. Has anyone come across this problem & how was it solved or am I barking up the wrong tree as regards memory/drivers?

gengiscant 14:15 28 Feb 2010

I had a similar problem in my new build,I was getting BSODS several times a day,after much investigation I managed to pin it down to memory compatibility.I went to my mobos makers website and checked the QVL.Changed the ram and haven't had a problem since.

I to ran memtest on individual sticks of ram and no problems were shown, it was only when I ran memtest on both the sticks together that errors appeared.

Maybe worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?