Crashing Microsoft Games, Player folder conflicts

Ant1 15:28 24 Jan 2006

I've loaded GT Legends a driving game from ATARI, all worked fine, but now when I play the game, the wrong track and car loads. Any steering wheel button programs are lost. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, deleting also files in Program Files, but no success, same error. Interestingly Microsoft Midtown Madness 2 also now appears to be corrupted. Have I deleted a usuful Windows file by mistake? It all runs on XP SP2. I've tried System Restore but cannot find a point where any changes have been made. I suspect this has packed up as well. I'm sure it gets bored. Thanks

GaT7 18:20 24 Jan 2006

Try a sfc /scannow click here. G

Ant1 18:06 30 Mar 2006

Thanks I gave that a go, no luck. I've uninstalled both games, will then try sfc /scannow again and reinstall.

ACOLYTE 18:24 30 Mar 2006

Sounds like your save game is corrupted,do you have 1 near to the point you were at you could load?,or maybe an autosave?

Ant1 19:47 04 Apr 2006

Thanks for your help ACOLYTE. In installing a cheat code I corrupted the player folder. Its now all up and running.

I have to use the cheat code 'cause the kids like to drive the Aston Martin round London, and I hav'nt the time to drive all the races again to unlock all the cars.

I've used sfc /scannow, and it replaced some lost files so that was a useful tip.

Excellent web site with some clever people

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?