Crashed PC

pjay45 21:19 17 Jan 2012

Hi all could anyone help me with this problem? My system is a self build with Asus P8Z68-V Pro and Intel i5 2500k chip. I installed 6 updates from Microsoft about 7:30 this eveving and my machine has not worked since. It will not boot from hard disc or Win7 CD. Screen is white all the time. I have disconnected HD and I cannot get into the BIOS either. Any thoughts?

northumbria61 09:54 18 Jan 2012

Can you get into safe mode (tap f8 on startup) - you may be able to select Last Known Good Configuration

pjay45 10:01 18 Jan 2012

Unfortunatly not, when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios, which I have reset.

Snrub 10:20 18 Jan 2012

You associate problem with windows updates but check all external leads between rear of computer and monitor, unplug and reconnect including power leads, may be bad contact?

Secret-Squirrel 10:31 18 Jan 2012

"when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios"

A Windows update can't cause those problems, so, for starters, try connecting a different monitor.

pjay45 11:51 18 Jan 2012

connected another monitor it worked! am in safe mode restoring to a point before update. Will keep you posted. Thank you.

Secret-Squirrel 12:11 18 Jan 2012

"connected another monitor it worked! "

Thanks for the update PJ.

"am in safe mode restoring to a point before update"

Don't go tinkering too much as it's not a Windows problem. It's likely that the monitor's packed in :( You can prove this of course by connecting it to a different PC.

pjay45 12:34 18 Jan 2012

Thank you Secret Squirell restored to previous point ok reconnected to original monitor - white out! So must now get a new monitor problem solved! Thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires