CPU Usage

J B 10:52 05 Aug 2006

Here lately when I turn on the computer in the A/M and log in, The CPU goes to 100% then fluxuates between that and 50% for about five minutes or so. So far I have Identified four exe processes, ccapp.exe, wuauclt.exe, svchost.exe, and vsmon.exe. I think that these are legal, however I think that this has something to do with NAV 2006, and or WGA or both.

I must say that all antivirus, spyware checks have been run and are up to date. My description sounds kind of vague at present but this is all I know at present. If it is NAV 2006, I suspect that it has something to do with the auto update function. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks. J.B.

anskyber 10:59 05 Aug 2006

Not a lot for you but my ZoneAlarm scan has just happened with my vsmon.exe going from 0% to around 30% of CPU usage and back to 0% on completion.

anskyber 11:02 05 Aug 2006

This explains that part at least.click here

anskyber 11:13 05 Aug 2006

Because I have an idle moment here I Googled the others. Your assumptions seem reasonable, I am sure you will do that yourself, it could be you have a number of processes set for start up which give the high CPU demand.

J B 12:36 05 Aug 2006

Thanks for that, I did some digging around and the most likely culprit is Norton. Think that I will change when subs are next due. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?