CPU upgrade

pub 15:37 25 Mar 2007

My next project is to hopefully upgrade my processor.I am currently running a 1.4ghz Pentium 4.I have found out my motherboard type ( Intel Corporation D850GB AAA48535-903 ),but how do I find out what processor will fit this ?
Thanks

SANTOS7 15:53 25 Mar 2007

click here
supported CPUs listed here..

Totally-braindead 16:02 25 Mar 2007

Considering, from the link SANTOS7 kindly gave, you can upgrade from your 1400 to a 2000 I personally think its not worth it. It would speed things up a little bit but you would have trouble getting a processor anything but second hand and I think the speed increase is too little for the hassle involved and you would need to flash the BIOS as well which is always a concern.

[email protected]© 16:29 25 Mar 2007

How much are you willing to spend? What are your main needs? It may well be worth buying a CPU/Motherboard bundle.

pub 19:45 25 Mar 2007

Thanks,I had been thinking of perhaps new motherboard and processor.Just trying to squeeze out a little bit longer,from this one.

SANTOS7 19:51 25 Mar 2007

click here

If you are considering a MOBO bundle the link may help..

Kalb 20:42 25 Mar 2007

Have a care when contemplating an upgrade bundle...modern motherboards expect a 24 pin PSU so your old 20 pin will not fit...many mbos come with only 2 IDE connectors one for FDD & one for CD/DVD drives....HDD are expected to be SATA so your old HDD with IDE connectors will not fit etc.
Look carefully before you buy not all specifications are listed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?