CPU over heating suddenly help

BenPeach 17:54 01 Jul 2014

After a very long time of my PC running perfectly fine, it suddenly was very slow yesterday and crashed multiple times. I di a quick check and it turns out the CPU was at 100 Celsius! I have a water cooling system and I'm not sure what's wrong. The reservoir (I think it was that) looked like it had plenty of water in, but some of the tubes had large either dried out sections or air bubbles. Pictures: click here know what's wrong or how to fix it?

http://i.imgur.com/Ts3Eo6u.jpg

Anybody

BenPeach 17:56 01 Jul 2014

Sorry for some reason the link was posted twice and 'Anybody' wasn't in that last sentence.

alanrwood 18:56 01 Jul 2014

Purely from an engineering point of view it would seem you have a slight air leak in the system somewhere which has allowed air into the system which has then caused an air lock and thus the fluid does not circulate. I'm not in the least surprised the temp rocketed. If I were you I would contact the manufacturer of the cooling system and ask their advice. It might be special fluid in the system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:57 01 Jul 2014

you should have a fill port next to the reservoir - the fill port can also be used to vent the air from the system.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:04 01 Jul 2014

I would suggest new hoses (to rule out perishing as providing a route for air to enter) and refill with new fluid. As suggested above, speak to the manufacturer to make sure you get the right hoses and fluid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?