CPU and case fan settings ( BIOS )

kane_2001 11:48 04 Jan 2009

Hi all,
Ive had to take out my CMOS battery as had a major prob, PC is now running fine after setting it back up but can anyone tell me how I change the fan settings in my BIOS? They are on full power all the time and I cannot find the settings in my Bios anywhere??? ( Im not that technical ) .

Running Windows Vista

thms 11:52 04 Jan 2009

We will need the make and model of your motherboard. If you already have a manual for your motherboard have a look at bios settings it should tell you where to find the setting you require

Stuartli 11:53 04 Jan 2009

You will need to provide the details of your motherboard and the Bios software/firmware provider (Award, AMI etc) first.

kane_2001 11:53 04 Jan 2009

Motherboard is a MSI... model number Im not sure of as it was a refurb from PC world and only documentation that came with it was the receipt!

thms 12:19 04 Jan 2009

Look for H/W monitor then CPU smart fan target.

Stuartli 13:12 04 Jan 2009

Go to System Informtion (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools) and, from System Summary, note the System Manufacturer and System Model details (these are the motherboard manufacturer and the mobo's model number listings).

MarvintheAndroid 14:46 04 Jan 2009

You need to set the smart fan target for around 55 - 60 degrees. Also if it is AMD set up the cool and quiet function in BIOS and enable "Minimal Power Management" in windows control panel power setings.

Marv

kane_2001 10:54 05 Jan 2009

After reading above posts, I have managed to find that the Manufacturer is Micro-star International and the Model Number is MS-7357

Also Processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo

Stuartli 13:14 05 Jan 2009

You can download the manual from here:

click here

Stuartli 13:29 05 Jan 2009

MSI offers (or may offer for your mobo) the Live Update feature.

Click on the "How to Use" button to find out how to take the necessary steps - I would print out the instructions before any downloads are undertaken.

Then try entering your motherboard's model number (i.e. MS-7357) into the search field:

click here

or do it via the Manual search if preferred.

Stuartli 13:31 05 Jan 2009

I have an MSI KT6V motherboard but have always done the downloads manually - however the link page for new versions of downloads now take you to the Live Update page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone