Spr 12:39 29 Sep 2009

I have on my hard drive family photo’s I have been told I should have them copyright I know how to do this for new photos but how do I make those already on my PC.
I am using Visa I have Photoshop CS 3 elements & Abode Photoshop 6

  hssutton 13:36 29 Sep 2009

If you are the photographer then the copyright is automatically yours.

There are certain circumstances when photos have been taken on private ground with restrictions in force which would affect you selling these photos, or if you have been commissioned and paid for taking them.

If you are a little paranoid you can incorporate your copyright into the Exif or place a copyright statement on your photos.

The simple way in photoshop is to create a new brush. To do this create a new document approx 400 x 100 pixels. Type in your copyright. With this box open and text tool selected press Alt 0169 this will give you the copyright symbol follow this by typing in the year and your name if required.

Size of text or colour is unimportant at this stage,flatten the layers palette. Now go to Edit>>Define Brush Set. In the box that opens type in copyright and save.

To apply to a photo just select your copyright brush, select colour and size then click in an appropriate position

  hssutton 13:42 29 Sep 2009

I should have added, there are freeware programs that will do batch copyrighting for you. Unfortunately the copyright placement would be identical on all photos. This is probably not desirable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?