CPluginClass

dlguk 12:44 13 Mar 2007

Hi all,

Recently I have noticed that every time I close my pc down I get an ‘End Now’ message telling me that the above-mentioned is running. I run Window washer, Registry Repair Pro, and defrag but I still feel that some thing is running in the background, the machine is a little jerky and slow to respond.

Thank you in advance

vinnyT 12:52 13 Mar 2007

Try pressing the ctrl, alt and del keys at the same time to bring up the task manager. Look under 'applications to see what is running, if nothing unexpected is in there, try the next tab 'processes' and see if you can find CPluginClass in there.

If not, then go down the list (in processes) and google any entries you do not recognise or are suspicious of, most, if not all will be benign, but one may point to your CPluginClass.

Hope this helps.

dlguk 15:39 13 Mar 2007

Thanks vinnyT, I had done that and didn’t see it but on trying again I see ‘PPActiveDetection.exe’ (30% CPU) and System Idle Process 70%. I never use Google but am not sure what a lot of the Possesses (Apps come to that) are :-(.

VoG II 16:32 13 Mar 2007

PPActiveDetection.exe is Pest Patrol.

skidzy 16:59 13 Mar 2007

First thing to try is to reduce the programs that run in the background from startup.

Start/Run and type MSCONFIG and select startup,now untick everything except your AV and Firewall also leave any realtime antispyware program ticked,then reboot the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?