Couple of easy ones for a

wotbus@ 16:13 31 Oct 2004

Sunday afternoon! When I open a new document in either Word or Office I get a window stating "Product registered to...." I could be happy to see my name in there - how do I do it? Lastly, when I open PSP6 I am greeted with a window telling me its PSP6 [Splash I think it's called] - how do I remove it?
Thanks in advance

iambeavis 16:23 31 Oct 2004

If PSP6 is similar to PSP8 it's File>preferences>general programme preferences>miscellaneous and untick "show splash screen"

Graham ® 16:29 31 Oct 2004

I would imagine that when you installed Word, you have to enter your details. If it came pre-installed, you would have been prompted for the Product Key when first used. Not sure if you can change things now without re-installing.

wotbus@ 16:46 31 Oct 2004

OK guys - thanks for your help.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:48 31 Oct 2004

click here only for Office XP or 2000. ;-))

G

wotbus@ 16:50 31 Oct 2004

Cheers iambeavis - job sorted. I don't recall being prompted to fill in the other bits as I am sure I would have, but never mind - just for appearance really. Thanks.

wotbus@ 17:01 31 Oct 2004

Hi GANDALF and thanks. I had a look at the link but it only tells me how to "change". As there is nothing to change I don't see where I have to "add" what I would like to see?

iambeavis 18:09 31 Oct 2004

Have you looked in the registry to see if these settings exist? I think you can create them, if they don't - I'm not too sure on that point though.

wotbus@ 19:04 31 Oct 2004

Yes, I had a look - several blank spaces but nothing actually labelled so I can fill in, so to speak. I don't want to add anything without being certain its on the right line ;-)

iambeavis 19:12 31 Oct 2004

Are the RegOwner and RegCompany keys there. If they are just fill in the info you wish to appear at startup.

wotbus@ 19:17 31 Oct 2004

No - nothing to indicate where I should fill in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?