Counting records in MS Access

Beth 19:15 13 Jul 2004

I have a report which lists groups of names and addresses and prints a separate page for each group. I need to have a footer which will give the number of records in each of the groups. How do I do this? I've got the instructions from the MS knowledge base but I'm missing something because the most I can get is a zero at the foot of each page.

keith-236785 20:14 13 Jul 2004

i dont know how you would do this, maybe just using a text box and setting the properties to show the number of fields/entries in the report.

i would guess you would need to set a count up on each report to keep tally.

i dont know much about access as you can probably tell. but if you start access and open the Northwind database, goto the records and see if you can find/copy something from there.

good luck

Beth 12:35 15 Jul 2004

Hi paperman27.
I did have a look at Northwind but it seemed to be about stock control and stuff which I don't need so I didn't spend time with it which was probably a mistake. I'll have another look, though. I think it's the properties in the text box that I'm going wrong with.

In the meantime, I've found an Access forum which is every bit as well run as this one. It's a bit high-techy (planet Zog springs to mind!) but I thought I would give it a try. Somebody has come up with the idea that I should try a Group footer instead of a Page footer. Sounds sensible, so that's something else to have a look at.
Thanks for the response.

keith-236785 21:14 15 Jul 2004

glad to be of (limited) help

hope you get sorted

best of luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?