Counterspy V2 causing sluggish cpu

compumac 10:29 14 Apr 2007

I have upgraded Counterspy to V2.1.946 and find despite their claims that it uses less resources than the previous version, - with Active protection enabled the cpu is going away continually ten to the dozen. I have sent three e-mails to Sunbelt Software and they acknowledged the first one indicating that they would reply in a day or two, which in the past they have always done. I have received no communication from them in the past ten days. Anyone out there with the same/similar problem?

compumac 08:35 15 Apr 2007

Just one bump

MAJ 10:21 15 Apr 2007

Uninstall Counterspy and use one of the other free spyware removers.

Adaware: click here
Superantispyware: click here

and also install SpywareBlaster: click here

compumac 16:23 15 Apr 2007

Already using those.

MAJ 16:25 15 Apr 2007

You don't need Counterspy then, compumac, if it's causing problems (and it clearly is), uninstall it.

compumac 16:44 15 Apr 2007

In actual fact each Antispyware programmes differentiate as to what is spyware and what is not. Counterspy does/did find others.

Totally-braindead 16:46 15 Apr 2007

compumac the FE was using it last month I think it was and he was complaining about the same thing.
My renewal is up in 17 days and although I haven't noticed the slowdown myself I think I won't renew and will just use the free ones.

compumac 17:36 15 Apr 2007

I have found since first posting this - on another forum they have have been really panning the upgrade for the same reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone