Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

rawprawn 10:16 10 Nov 2004

I was so impressed with the new updated Zone Alarm yesterday, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the ZA Security Suite. Disaster !
When I try to install I get the above message, but no option but to click OK and then it installs. However my computer has crashed 4 times (XP Home SP2) After trying a SFC, I have tried to use system restore which was only partially successful and I have been forced eventually to use a 2 week old Acronis Image.
The question is can anyone enlighten me regarding the above message, all I can find are problems in uninstalling not installing.
Any help appreciated.

rawprawn 14:12 10 Nov 2004

Anyone at all? I have been crashing and restoring all morning, ZA Suite seems to have an aversion to Acronis True Image. I have noticed when I have used CCleaner in applications there areusually references to "uninstaller" which I have deleted, anyone know if they are relevant.

Sethhaniel 14:21 10 Nov 2004

or is it still on system and write protected.??

rawprawn 15:11 10 Nov 2004

I don't know where should I look

Sethhaniel 15:48 10 Nov 2004

or windows /installer folder

rawprawn 16:22 10 Nov 2004

Well I have found two folders C:\install and C:\programfiles\zonealarm but neither are marked read only and look normal to me, having said that they don't really make a lot of sense because I have installed and uninstalled so many times today I can't tell which is which. The crazy thing is I have no trouble with the Free Zone Alarm which I am using at present and my machine seems stable again. I have contacted ZA support so I guess I will just have to wait and see, unless you have any other suggestions. Thank you for your response I was beginning to feel lonely !

Sethhaniel 16:24 10 Nov 2004

try unhiding files and see if that works-

rawprawn 16:44 10 Nov 2004

No, I already have it showing hidden files.

rawprawn 09:46 11 Nov 2004

Thank you for trying, I will await Zone Labs reply, meantime I will mark as resolved.

Sethhaniel 16:11 11 Nov 2004

Sorry couldn't help further
but not on internet at home so have no experience with the ZoneAlarm etc
;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?