could not install the custom actions, outlook 2007

Eddd 20:08 07 May 2010

Every time I use outlook on my win 7 pc for the last few weeks I have had the error 'could not install the custom actions'

I am using office enterprise (2007 edition)
and have all the latest updates for my entire system, software and hardware, I have followed the advice posted on the net to remove the forms folder, and the FRMCACHE.dat file, but this doesn't alter anything, even after rebooting.I have tried running the diagnostic tool in office.
I have tried repairing the installation, no luck there. I have tried reinstalling the whole office suite after removing all the office folders from the programs list and rebooting to be sure they were gone before trying to install afresh, but that just seemed to put the corrupt file back in with the new installation. I even tried copying the FRMCACHE.dat file from a working installation of the office suite from another computer, but this didn't make any difference either.
I am now starting to pull my hair out in frustration. Please someone help.

Sea Urchin 20:42 07 May 2010

The first post on here may solve your problem - but it's worth reading through it in case the problem returns later

click here

Eddd 08:08 08 May 2010

No have tried that, and what I thought was a clean install, This doesn't happen on my other p.c which has an almost identical set up. And as far as I know there wasn't any forms set up.

Sea Urchin 09:32 08 May 2010

Did you also delete the frmcache.dat file?

click here

Sea Urchin 09:33 08 May 2010

Sorry - ignore that last post - I see you have already done that.

Eddd 11:04 08 May 2010

I have just opened outlookand managed to open a message without that annoying message popping up.
I'm not sure what stopped it but, I tried deleting several things including:
AD-AWARE EMAIL add in
and the usual forms folders and frmcahce.
I then went into control panel, programs and hihlighted office and clicked change at the top of the list.
I then chose not available for a couple of the outlook and office options and also deleted Live sign-in manager.
After a reboot and opening outlook I now have a clean start with no pop-up saying 'could not install the custom actions'
Again I don't know what bit worked but it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?