Cottage accommodation booking software

HighTower 12:17 22 Oct 2008

I'm looking for a third party accommodation management application that allows for web booking. It would need to be a system based on a PC so that telephone bookings can be taken but I also need it to integrate with a website. My customer has around a dozen properties let out on a weekly basis.

I'm also considering writing a php / mySQL based solution but would rather use a proven system from a reputable company who can also provide the support.

Thanks all.

HighTower 12:38 22 Oct 2008

Yup! There's a lot of choice there and they all promise the earth, hence I'm looking for a personal recommendation.

In a previous life I used to manage a hotel, so I'm well aware of the pitfalls of a poorly designed system. Good hotel systems are very expensive, but worth the money. However, I'm looking for something on a far smaller scale and am a bit out of the loop these days as to what's available and who the main players are.

HighTower 12:43 22 Oct 2008

This one looks promising:

click here

lollypoppa 16:53 30 Jul 2010

Hi, We have a gite business and we are thinking of using something called 'ResMania' - should return from a Google search... pretty sophisticated and ideal for small quantities (i.e. small numbers of cottages etc).
Any thoughts, love to hear them..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?