Corrupted Wireless Software

poohtigger1964 17:23 20 Sep 2008

Got a HP G6000 notebook and swapped vista on it for XP, Has been working fine but wireless connection went dead yeasterday. Went through Bt thought it was Homehub but turns out my wireless software could be corrupted. How do I find out what software I need , get it and is it easy to install. Any help appreciated.

tullie 17:34 20 Sep 2008

Can you remove any reference to this software and reinstall with BT cd?Plug your router into pc first,once you have your network you can then go wireless,others may have better ideas.Would have thought that you can set up wired without cd,but may be wrong.

poohtigger1964 17:49 20 Sep 2008

Thanks Tully but been got 2 BT cd's and neither work. Want to get the wireless back working but not sure what the software is or what. Dont know how you find out or where to get it ?

tullie 18:13 20 Sep 2008

Dont know about the bt homehub,but can you do anything if you plug it into pc?

poohtigger1964 18:51 20 Sep 2008

nope doesn't recognise cable connected to it. Getting another ethernet cable to try incase that is faulty but got other pc with wireless adaptor and it connects to the homehub

Halmer 18:55 20 Sep 2008

uninstall the wireless driver via device manager then reboot and let Windows reinstall it for you?

poohtigger1964 21:09 20 Sep 2008

No cause nothing shows up in device manager, its like the wireless software has been wiped?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017