Corrupted Graphics

Bad Dad 12:19 06 Mar 2005

Any ideas? XP sp2 Athlon 64 3000+ and gf 5600 ultra with driver 4403 (came with card). *Before anyone says update driver tried 5672 and 6693*

Games can sometimes play fine (for a short time) but on loading new level graphics corrupted with lots of black squares/pixels. Tried everything I can - changed video driver(several times) by uninstalling first and rebooting in safe mode to install new one. Fiddled with windows hardware acceleration and write combining. When it happens on one game, any other game is then affected. Would be very grateful for anyone's ideas. Cheers.

jono366 12:28 06 Mar 2005

Maybe that game needs to have the detail reduced in the options..... like if it is on high put it down to meduim first then try it if no good then down to low then try it. What game is it?

Bad Dad 23:09 06 Mar 2005

Thanks jono366 but it affected all games including screensavers. Eventually narrowed it down to a directx problem although windows said it was fine or some other thing I don't understand. Remembered it occured after I installed Chrome - must have been the installation that done it. Good old system restore came to the rescue. Thanks for the help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?