Corrupt theme for firefox, unable to restore

TommyRed 22:35 06 Jun 2005

Thought I'd have a change to the look of firefox and installed a new theme. This must have been corrupted as there is a mass of words jumbled together on the toolbars and I am unable to click on any. A system restore hasn't fixed the problem but I'd prefer not to uninstall and reinstall because I had eventually got it set just as I like it. Any ideas? TIA TR

De Marcus 22:47 06 Jun 2005

There's a little info here which may be of use I'm not a FF user, so wouldn't know). click here

PurplePenny 23:11 06 Jun 2005

Have a look at the theme's own page on the Firefox site, look in the comments about the theme and see whether anyone else has had the same problem. If they have hopefully the developer will have added a comment.

PurplePenny 23:11 06 Jun 2005

Have a look at the theme's own page on the Firefox site, look in the comments about the theme and see whether anyone else has had the same problem. If they have hopefully the developer will have added a comment.

Which theme was it?

PurplePenny 23:19 06 Jun 2005

type in the address bar? If so try this:

Type "about:config" in the address bar

Scroll down to "general.skins.selectedSkin"

Right click on "User set"

Select "reset".

I haven't tried it but hopefully it will restore the default theme. You will have to restart Firefox to find out whether it has worked

ashdav 00:50 07 Jun 2005

If you uninstall via add/remove programs all your settings,bookmarks,options,etc. will be retained when you reinstall. The only things you will have to add will be any extensions/themes you had set up. In Firefox any personal settings are stored in a profile folder separate from the main program so that any program removal will not alter them.

octal 06:37 07 Jun 2005

Your profile folder is probably corrupted: click here

TommyRed 11:06 07 Jun 2005

Tried your solution and it worked but by bookmarks have disappeared, so I've restored back so I can attempt to save them. Any ideas how seeing as my toolbar menu's aren't working? TR

iambeavis 11:42 07 Jun 2005

Have you got a copy of your bookmarks in your profile folder?

iambeavis 12:09 07 Jun 2005

Look in - Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Defaults\Profile.

Also try - Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

octal 12:39 07 Jun 2005

Open FF and go to manage Bookmarks and export them somewhere were you can find them, then import them when you've finished fiddling around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires