Corrupt Outlook - HELP!

sarah1980 13:52 09 Jan 2007

Hiya,

i am running Outlook 2003, have just installed it on a brand new PC. I had backed-up my Outlook.pst file from my old PC onto an external Hard Drive. Then i copied this over to the new PC. Obviously, as the new PC already had a file called "Outlook.pst" I clicked "OK" to replace the existing file.

HOWEVER... the old Outlook.pst was corrupt and after running about 5 Inbox repair tools, remained corrupt (one of the reasons for the new PC). Now the new Outlook cannot open some of my Personal Folders (e.g. Deleted items) and it is again telling me to run the Inbox repair tool, completely pointless as i've done this loads of times and it doesn't work.

My question is this: Can I revert back to having a "clean" version of Outlook 2003, with no Personal Folders created (like when i first installed)? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing MS OFfice, but everytime it still keeps the old, corrupt, Outlook.pst file.

ALl I want to do is start again, if I lose my old folders, so be it, as long as I don't have corrupt ones on my new PC I'm happy!

Taff™ 14:22 09 Jan 2007

I would find your corrupt Outlook.pst file and rename it Outlook.OLD. To do this open My Documents (Windows Key & E Key) then go to Tools>Folder Options and the view tab. Select "Show Hidden files and folders" and deselect the box "Hide extensions of known file types"

Now go to C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and right click your Outlook.pst file and select rename. Remove pst and replace it with OLD.

Reboot and I think Outlook will create a new PST file automatically. If it doesn`t work we can always reverse the procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?