Corrupt ISP password

john bunyan 09:12 06 Aug 2010

W7, Belkin wireles Modem Router N+. I leave the router on. Yesterday I could not get on the net, nor use eMail. Diagnosis kept asking me to turn off and restart the router - no net acccess. After calls to Belkin and Pipex it appears my Internet password had become corrupt on the ISP server (not sure how). Was given another and got access. Have not seen this before but wonder if others have?

johndrew 10:03 06 Aug 2010

I sometimes get the message my password/identity is invalid but a second attempt resolves the problem. I have never had the need to renew either.

john bunyan 12:35 06 Aug 2010

No, in my case I spoke to Belkin tech, and reset the router with "corrct" ISP ID and password, but it did not work. Pipex tech said somehow (maybe power surge at server) my ISP password had become corrupt so the router was not seen by the server. Only when they gave me a new one could the router be set up.

johndrew 14:13 06 Aug 2010

I have never heard of that happening before. Goes to prove that if it can happen it will at some point. I am surprised they couldn`t either reset the password for you or clear it and allow you to reinsert it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017