Corrupt Freecell?

huzzar 18:41 23 May 2003

For some unknown reason my Freecell won't play game. It will load onto the desktop and deal the cards but thats all. The cursor remains a hourglass. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del instead of getting 'Freecell' listed I get something typed in 'Wingding' language. Does anyone know what has happened please.

I run Win98SE. I have done a Virus check which is clear - I am using Norton 2002 and ZoneAlarm.

graham√ 20:19 23 May 2003

Can't help with freecell other than remove from windows and put it back. Free trial of a harder version click here

canard 20:53 23 May 2003

Have you just installed BB? My Freecell was unplayable after installing NTL BB. I deleted Correct Connect because it hadn't installed properly and Miracolo! Freecell was back to normal.

canard 20:54 23 May 2003

Have you just installed BB? My Freecell was unplayable after installing NTL BB. I deleted Correct Connect because it hadn't installed properly and Miracolo! Freecell was back to normal.

Djohn 21:12 23 May 2003

This can happen if you are using AVG Anti-virus, and have selected the Explorer express plug-in. If so un-tick the the option from AVG control panel, and Freecell should work fine. Also it sometimes occurs when you use Zonalarm. J.

huzzar 09:30 24 May 2003

I removed it and put it back before I posted this thread. I haven't got BB yet (still waiting) I have, however, installed the Freeserve connection kit (for anyone on freeserve anytime) maybe that caused it as I only put it on a couple of days ago - I will delete it and see. Also I will check my AV and ZA settings although I doubt if they are at fault this time.

huzzar 09:41 24 May 2003

I have uninstalled the Freeserve connection kit and Freecell now works fine again. There was abviously a conflict between the two programs - and maybe others that I didn't know about.

Thanks for your responses and for putting me on the right track to solving it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone