corrupt files after using Partition Magic

Aquarrian 19:53 11 Oct 2009

I am using Windos XP sp3. I was using Powerquest Partition Magic 8 to move some free space from one directory to another on the same hard disk. I have done this many times before without problem. The program went through its process until it reached 75%. The program froze and the only thing that I could do was reboot the PC. When the PC restarted fdisk reported orphan files and went through the process of trying to recover them. When Windows started up I tried to access the files on these partitions. Even though I can read the files names and their size in explorer the respective programs do not recognise the files and fails to load them. If the data had been lost I would have expected the size of the files to be reduced but they are taking up their normal space on the hard disk. Can anybody help me access these files. Terry

Technotiger 20:01 11 Oct 2009

Perhaps the files have 'lost' their association/extensions, like .jpg or whatever. If so, you might be able to re-associate them in Control Panel>Folder Options>File Types.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?