Corel Photo-Paint

flyingbrit 20:11 30 Mar 2006

Can anyone tell me why when I set the "tools", colour management, to Optimised for desktop printing, which to me seems the right option to me, I get a white bloom on every image I open and print. This is really beginning to annoy me, even though I can get rid of it by turning the colour management off. (is it because of the colour system in the printer driver is conflicting with Corel)

iambeavis 20:37 30 Mar 2006

I don't know about Photo-Paint, but in Photoshop it's advisable to use the application's own colour management system to prevent any conflicts from occurring between the app and the printer.

fazer 13:21 31 Mar 2006

flyingbrit

The trouble with the "Desktop" option is that its parameters do not take into account those parameters or settings of your printer nor the software in question.

It is imperative that that what you see on your screen is what is being processed in the software and what will be printed - all three processes must use the same standard.

Try sRGB - this is the most "common" setting (remember to also set up the printer and the monitor for this option).

flyingbrit 19:03 31 Mar 2006

But I think I'll leave Corel's colour managment off, I have tried all the different settings for colour, but I always seem to get a bloom, to a greater or lesser degree. It's bloody anoying though!!.....britsdad

flyingbrit 16:49 01 Apr 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?