Cordless phone re-chargable batteries

Sapins 15:52 20 Oct 2008

I have a Alcaltel Versatis 550 Duo cordless phone which has started to disconnect after an hour during calls. The handsets are always replaced on the base stations after a call. I have had it about 5/6 years, could the batteries need replacing? I'm wondering if the discharge/recharge cycles start when you make a call and then replace the handset, if so it looks likely that the batteries have reached the end of their useful life, I would like this confirmed before I buy some new batteries, otherwise the phone gets binned and the cost of batteries goes toward a new phone.

Technotiger 15:59 20 Oct 2008

After 5/6 years I think you would be better getting a new replacement phone.

Sapins 16:01 20 Oct 2008

I was thinking along those lines, maybe take the opportunity to get an up to date, better phone.

Technotiger 16:03 20 Oct 2008

Yes, I was thinking 'up-to-date' .....

Sapins 16:07 20 Oct 2008

That's it then, off shopping tomorrow, after some research first. Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Sapins.

Digital 16:07 20 Oct 2008

Sapins, before you bin it try here to price batteries:
click here

Stuartli 19:35 20 Oct 2008

You are lucky if the batteries have lasted so long - I used to reckon on about two years for those in an earlier BT analogue cordless phone.

Woolwell 21:20 20 Oct 2008

I have a Panasonic digital cordless phone that is now 6 years old. It has never had a new battery and is going strong.

Stuartli 00:02 21 Oct 2008

That's good going, but presumably analogue cordless phones placed a higher demand on batteries.

Certainly my two current DECT phone models (which both use rechargeable AAA batteries) have much longer standby and talk time periods.

Sapins 09:13 21 Oct 2008

I think I'll try and sell it with new batteries, that way I can go for a phone with more facilities:-)

Thanks everyone for your input,

Regards,

Sapins.

Halmer 10:36 21 Oct 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?