cordless mouse & keyboard??

stoner 14:35 19 Apr 2003

I am thinking of upgrading to cordless mouse & keyboard but am hesitant worried that it will cause conflict with any wireless network systems I set up?

What do you think?

monkeyshine 14:39 19 Apr 2003

Don't think it will cause any problems, but you could use Infra-red if you want to be 100% sure.

stoner 14:53 19 Apr 2003

Thanks for that monkeyshine, but how do you do "infra-red"?

powerless 14:58 19 Apr 2003

Infra red - like your TV remote Control.

monkeyshine 18:07 19 Apr 2003

Don't get wireless, get infra re

johnufc 23:17 20 Apr 2003

won't interfere with wireless lan setup. I've used wireless keyboard & mouse for ages now - I wouldn't go back to wires. Try Microsoft or Logitech or Memorex and hey, have a look here for something else...

click here

Steve N 00:21 21 Apr 2003

Well i bought Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop a while back and while it was very comfortable there was noticable lag using the mouse for gaming compared to a wired mouse. I eventually got the corded versions which i am happy with now.

A good fast reponse cordless mouse seems to be the Logitech MX700 it is expensive but the reviews of it seem good.

I also experienced some interference with the mouse when I received mobile calls. The mouse would stutter round like mad.

They are nice and I wish i could afford the MX700 but being a student it is a bit out of my price range.

Good luck!

-pops- 07:46 21 Apr 2003

Whichever non-wired devices you go for, make sure you always have spare batteries. If you use rechargeables, keep them well charged. These things have a nasty habit of giving up the ghost at inconvenient times - like bank holidays!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?