cordless keyboard/mouse

TBH1 20:07 26 Apr 2004

I currently have a cordless keyboard and mouse ; unfortunately, the mouse isn't optical. Would it be possible to buy an optical, cordless mouse and 'tune' it into the existing receiver thingy ? Its a Medion by the way and I do know this company do a cordless, ball-less one.

mgmcc 20:17 26 Apr 2004

I think it is unlikely that it would connect with the existing 'transceiver' - I have three wireless mice used with two desktops and a laptop and they don't interfere with one another (although they are all different models of Logitech mouse).

In any case, a wireless optical mouse will come with its own transceiver so, provided you have a standard PS/2 mouse port available, there shouldn't be a problem, other than excessive hardware lying around ;)

SEASHANTY 20:22 26 Apr 2004

A few listed lon this website. You will probably have difficulty tho' getting it to work with the same freq. setup as your keyboard. Here using a Medion PC with the Medion keyboard and a wired
TRUST optical mouse. The latter is a four button and two scross wheels. Think it was around £15 from Staples. Had it ages now and quite satisfied with it. I also have the Logitech cordless K/B and Mouse
which I currently do not use.
click here

SEASHANTY 20:23 26 Apr 2004

Scross wheels indeed. Read Scroll wheels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017