Cordless keyboard and mouse.

bradda 14:57 28 Mar 2006

I am always having to replace my corded mouse as it just stops working and the arrow freezes on the screen. Six months ago I bought a microsoft wireless multimedia 1.1 keyboard and optical mouse. Absolutely brilliant! It transformed my life. However, cordlless mouse now playing up and although I get a clicking noise when I klick on something it often doesn't repond ie. open up a programme, go to next page, try to move the cursor. Been down the line of new batteries and cleaning mouse etc plus on screen help. Control panel says mouse is working fine but it is so frustrating. Keyboard is OK. What am I doing wrong? Could I have damaged the mouse by dropping it or are they resilient? Pleas help!

ACOLYTE 15:04 28 Mar 2006

Well have you dropped it?,it is quite possible it has been damaged if you have,depends how hard the drop was and what surface it landed on.It may be the infa red beam has become misaligned in the fall,as i dont use a cordless mouse i cant be to sure.

Stuartli 16:34 28 Mar 2006

Have you configured the transmitter with the keyboard and mouse? Usually it requires a set sequence.

You could also try Uninstalling the keyboard and mouse in Device Manager and then rebooting. Windows will then Find New Hardware and reinstall the drivers.

One other point. Optical mouse don't like dark or patterned surfaces very much (for obvious reasons) and I have to tape a sheet of A4 white paper to a mouse mat for it to work as it should.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?