copy/paste

podlod 12:59 07 Oct 2008

Hi, when I click copy on a letter which i have in microsoft word, and then try to paste it ( insert ) into my email ready to send, it refuses to paste itself where I write the letter to someone, just a red ball appears which is an icon of my Bit Defender, but it will paste in my subject area above, can you explain what I am doing wrong?

Jak_1 13:07 07 Oct 2008

Are you highlighting the text and then doing a rt click to copy and then paste. I have just done a test with MS Word and it pasted into an email with no problems! Is Bit Defender the cause of the problem or has this just started to happen?

podlod 13:46 07 Oct 2008

Hi, this is the first time in a couple of days I have tried this, and now I find also that when I write an email there is spacing between each line?

tullie 14:08 07 Oct 2008

Are you doing what Jak suggested ie:Highlighting the whole text,then copy/paste?As for a space between lines when writing emails,i hope there is otherwise it would be a mess

Woolwell 14:37 07 Oct 2008

I used to have BitDefender and I got the red ball from time to time. It usually occurred because I hadn't copied properly.

podlod 08:05 08 Oct 2008

Hi Tulie, what I meant was that the spacing between the lines you could get another 2 lines of info in-between,

like this

as an example.

Maybe its the Bit Defender that is interfering then Woolwell?

FatboySlim71 08:19 08 Oct 2008

When you have copied the selected, have you tried using CTRL V to paste it instead of the paste option from the menu?

I know sometimes I can't get copied text etc to paste when using the menu option but I can with the CTRL V option.

Also if you are still having problems it might be an idea to try using CTRL C to copy the text you have highlighted and see if this makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?