copying video file (film) on to a DVD-R disk

Cesare 14:02 12 Jan 2007

I cant copy this DVD film from my HD to my CD-Rom Drive. I keep getting a request to put in a cd when in fact DVD-R 6X 4.7Gb is in. I went to the Tech shop who said that my disc was faulty, so he replaced it.But I am still getting the same as the previous disk. Using a normal CD-RW is recognized but I cant use this as the film is a DVD and the disc capacity is only 700MB. Any ideas please ?

eedcam 14:27 12 Jan 2007

If you only have a cd-rom drive you cant burn DVD's in fact if its only a rom drive you cant burn any thing. I presume thats an error and you meant cd writer but as said you need a dvd writer to burn dvd's

Cesare 14:53 12 Jan 2007

Blast! You are right Having Burning software without me having a CD writer is for nothing. Thanks mate.

eedcam 15:41 12 Jan 2007

Cheers sorry about that its still a dvd writer you need most today are cd/dvd writers

Cesare 16:31 12 Jan 2007

I looked up my PC specificatios and it says that I have Dell DVD/CDRW Combo drive. Also on the advert for this PC it says that it has Combo DVD Rom/ 48X Cd writer. I am confused ! I have a Dell Dimension 4600.

eedcam 18:03 12 Jan 2007

Rom is read only looks as if you have a dvd reader and cd writer looks like you are stuck. If its reasonably new pc would'nt cost much to change the drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?