Copying and Verifying Files

Spock999 14:21 29 Jan 2010

I find myself copying files quite frequently.,None of the standard windows (XP) facilities seem to offer an option of verifying that the copy has been done accurately.

Does anyone know of any reliable freeware, shareware or reasonably priced software that offers copy and verify?

Thanks.

Clapton is God 14:24 29 Jan 2010

The standard XP back up process has an option to verify that files have been backed up (or copied) to an external medium correctly.

Spock999 14:43 29 Jan 2010

I actually want something equivalent to the old DOS copy which allowed you to specify that when you copied files they would be verified as well.

To be clearer, I have a lot of photos and want tohave a working copy, a security copy (both of which I can access using the normal facilities) as well as my backups.

Thus whenever I take any new photos, I can copy them into a couple of locations for safety. The trouble with backup software is that you lose control and stuff is that bit more distant and less usable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?