Copying from PVR to DVD

benson68 10:36 11 Dec 2014

Could I transfer a recording from my Humax HDR2000T via the HDMI lead, to my computer DVD recorder, using free software, such as CDburnerXP for instance? My LG DVD recorder has now given up, & I record cartoons for my grandkids.

SparkyJack 08:47 12 Dec 2014

Does this particular not do it? Most PVR,as do copy recordings my current Sony and the previous one did

Another thing is that in some instances PVR will not 'read' a PC burned disk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 12 Dec 2014

OK there are a few complications to achieve what you want

The HDMI on your PC is outgoing only and will not accept an input from the PVR

The recording on the Humax is encrypted and is only decrypted when copied to a USB stick or drive.

AS the humax uses a linux system it may not write to a NTFS formatted USB stick so the stick / drive needs to be formatted to ext2 or ext3.

Then you may need software on your PC to beable to read a ext2 /3 drive.

Insert a USB stick or USB drive in the PVR

Moving / Copying Files

1. Select the file(s) you want to move and press the OPT+ button.
  2. Select Move/Copy and press the OK button.
  3. Select the folder or storage you want to move the file(s) to and press the OK button.

 Copying the file(s) to another storage: Select USB storage and then select the folder to copy the file(s) to. Press the OPT+ button to create the folder.

When a file is moved to a different storage, it will be copied. However, video recordings cannot be copied to other storage devices due to the encrypttion.

The file will be a .ts file and can be played using something like VLC player on the PC.

lotvic 20:27 12 Dec 2014

format usb stick to fat32 (file size limited to 4GB) HUMAX can copy to that if you have problem with ext3. I find that best for me.

excuse stilted post - am on tablet an struggling with a bt fon connection :-(

benson68 10:27 26 Jan 2015

I've copied a cartoon to a USB stick. How can I edit out the adverts & then put it on a DVD?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 26 Jan 2015

I use FreeMake Video Converter

Very easy to trim out adverts etc.

However be very careful when installing - USE CUSTOM INSTALL AND UNTICK ALL THE EXTRA OPTIONS TO INSTALL ALL SORTS OF OTHER JUNK.

1]: [click here

benson68 12:32 06 Feb 2015

Thanks Fruit Bat/\o/.

Managed the first program to DVD OK, but is there a counter, so I can see where I'm up to?

Thanked you earlier, but that seems to be missing?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 06 Feb 2015

Not sure what you mean by a counter?

benson68 16:00 09 Feb 2015

I wanted some indication of how far through the program I was, but it's there at the bottom. I didn't see it at first, as I didn't have it full screen. Does it have to be 1 program to a DVD though? I used to have 4 hours to a DVD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 09 Feb 2015

Never tried Freemake to DVD I tend to convert files to trim out adverts and make smaller mp4 so can either play back on the HUmax or use on my tablet or phone.

If you convert several at once you may be able to durn onto the same DVD

If you put several into Freemake and use the JOIN button then they will all be converted and joined as a single file to go onto the DVD.

Tutorials here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017