Copying pc data

Benid 12:46 18 Sep 2005

I would like to copy my entire system on to a second hard drive, is here sofrware that would enable me to do this? I was told that Norton "Ghost" could make a mirsror of my pc so that in the eventuality of a hard drive malfunction I would re-install evcerything from the second unit. Is there another way of copying all the files, if not, where can I find a copy of the Norton software? Thanks.

VoG II 12:48 18 Sep 2005
  stylehurst 13:11 18 Sep 2005

Try Acronis True Image its, in my opinion, better than Ghost.
You can download it from the Acronis site

pj123 13:53 18 Sep 2005

Depending on your operating system you can also use xxcopy and xxclone free from click here and click here respectively.

I am on win98SE and I use xcopy to clone my hard disk to another hard disk about every 6 months. Once done the disk is then taken out of my computer and stored. In the event of a failure I just put the cloned hard disk in as Master and reboot. The most it will be is 6 months out but as I don't save much to my C: drive (as I have a D:, E: and F: drive) nothing will have changed within that time period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?