Copying and pasting

dartanian33 16:42 06 Feb 2006

Does anyone have any suggestions about a little problem i seem to have aquired? I am the Prog ed of a non league football team. Each home game i do a prog and download junior league tables direct from a website. Just recently this has become impossible. The tables, which are in grid form now appear on my word doc , minus the grids and all squashed up together. I used to get around this by including the bit above and below the table,but this no longer works? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Cheers

Granger 16:53 06 Feb 2006

They've probably changed the formatting of the web page. Maybe just press Prt Scr, paste into Paint, crop unnecessary bits and save as a bitmap. Then that can be inserted into your document.

Diemmess 16:54 06 Feb 2006

What version of Word are you using and have you changed any of the settings recently?

If its not you, then it must be the website.
Just to try it I highlighted this thread from <Copying and pasting, down to Total Users184491>
Then Edit > Copy .... Opened Word and clicked on the paste icon.
It was there in colour and mutiple table form!

If the website is now in PDF format then you may indeed have a problem.

pj123 16:55 06 Feb 2006

Any chance of a link to the website where you download from? We might be able to get a better idea of what you mean.

dartanian33 16:57 06 Feb 2006

Hi guys. Thanks for the suggestions,havn't tried em yet, but heres the website table that im trying to download.

click here

JWJH 17:32 06 Feb 2006

I managed it like this, open the website

In the top menu go to File\Edit im MS Word

Highlight the table (I included the Clubs must telephone........... but it may work without

Goto Edit\Cut

Open a new word document

Paste it in

Goto File\Save as give it a name and save as .doc extension, this can now be inserted or cut and pasted again into your club programme document.

dartanian33 17:47 06 Feb 2006

tried that.but when i go to file/edit. the edit is greyed out?

JWJH 17:52 06 Feb 2006

Highlight the table and right click, select copy and paste into a new word document.

dartanian33 17:56 06 Feb 2006

SUCCESS !!! You are a genius sir. thankyou very much.

JWJH 18:03 06 Feb 2006

Your welcome, don't forget to tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone