Copying music CD's

bswatts 11:34 10 Aug 2004

I have read all the advice on copying CD's, but have had no success. I copy onto my hard drive, but then, on trying to write this onto a blank disc, et nunerous reasons why it is not compatible. Do I need additional software. I run windows Xp (home).
Would appreciate any advise.

terryr48 11:51 10 Aug 2004

I think you may need some cd burning software
some free ones here click here I don't know if they are any good because I havn't tried them. Didn't you get any burning software e.g nero with your pc when you bought it?

woodchip 12:12 10 Aug 2004

Before you get a load of verbal denunciation on the word in title, How you do it is up to you. Whether you rip the tracks with a program or what, no body on hear likes to use the word COPY, but you can for a Backup.

plsndrs3 12:30 10 Aug 2004

I am sure that you meant that you wanted to back up your audio CDs that you own & doubt that you will get grief for this as we all want to back up important disks. As long as you own the original and do not plan to sell the copy, most people [including the Music industry] will turn a blind eye - although this does not make it legal!!

Assuming that you have no additional software [Nero or CD Creator like woodchip mentioned]and that the burner was with the PC when purchased, WIN XP's own Media Player will do this for you - as long as the tracks are not copy protected.

I have version 9 & on the right is a tab labelled something like 'Copy CD'. Once done, I recall that this will show a window asking if you want to burn the tracks. I have never used this myself, but it used to pop up when I was transferring audio and visual CDs I had made for my company for presentations until I purchased Nero.

HTH

Paul

Graham ® 12:34 10 Aug 2004

Look in your programs for RecordNow.

Stuartli 13:07 10 Aug 2004

It's actually on the left....

plsndrs3 13:21 10 Aug 2004

As mentioned, I've never actually used the program to record disks - I'm just aware that it is possible.

Always geting my right & left confused ;o))

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?