Copying music from CD to CD-RW

splinternet 11:14 27 Apr 2003

Where can I find some help in copying music tracks from CD to CD-RW? My first attempt locked up my pc.

Bebee 11:44 27 Apr 2003

How did you go about it? Which OS and program are you using?

It is sometimes more reliable to copy the tracks to your HDD first and then to CD-R.

splinternet 15:59 27 Apr 2003

I'm on WinXP. First just tried click & drag in Windows Explorer, but this completely hung the pc. Next, I noticed Windows Media Player had some useful looking facilities for copying to CD, tried this (intuitively - couldn't find any help) and whlst this seems to have burnt some data into the CD-RW, it won't play back.

plectrum 16:39 27 Apr 2003

have you checked to see that something has been burned to the CD by using explorer.
Win XP can give the impression that it has burned to CD when in fact it has only made the data ready to be burned.
Also, I wouldn't really advise copying audio to CD-RW because most CD players will not be able to play it, you are better off copying to CD-R.
Of course if you only intend to play the disks on your PC you shouldn't have a problem.

Confab 16:47 27 Apr 2003

Have you any software like Nero or Easy CD?

splinternet 23:25 27 Apr 2003

Looks like something has been written to the CD-RW. If I insert the CD-RW into the CD writer, the music plays back ok. But if I insert it into the normal CD (read only) drive, although Windows Media Player gets launched and it correctly lists all the tracks, it won't play them. If I use CD-R, will it play back on normal CD players?

Also, having now copied a few tracks, if I select a few more, does WMP add them on to what's already on the CD-RW or does it overwrite?

Is Nero and Easy CD freeware? Is it easier to use than WMP?

hugh-265156 23:38 27 Apr 2003

in media player when you select copy to cd or device in the right hand pane at the top make sure you set as audio cd and not data.

hugh-265156 23:41 27 Apr 2003

if you right click on your audio file just click on add to playlist and it will be added.a cd can only hold so much though but media player will tell you if there is too many tracks to copy you can then just remove some untill it all fits on the disc.

muscic lover 23:41 27 Apr 2003

Nero is free and can be found via gOOgl search engine!

Enjoy the music

broggs 23:45 27 Apr 2003

click here or .com(clone cd).

Roxio easy cd creator

Ahead nero burning rom

Simsy 11:11 28 Apr 2003

for a CDRW NOT to play on a "normal" CD player, i.e. an "audio" CD player. This is basically because the reflectivity of the surface of a CDRW is much less and the audio player can't read it. Some of the latest audio players can cope, but there are not many of them.

However. That doesn't explain when you say, " if I insert it into the normal CD (read only) drive, although Windows Media Player gets launched and it correctly lists all the tracks". It may be a similar problem and a different brand of CDRW, or a lens cleaner for the CD unit may help.

I hope this helps, if only a little bit!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?