Copying e-mails to new PC

Lio 22:51 10 May 2003

I am about to purchase a new pc and would like to backup and transfer all my stored e-mails to my new pc. The problem is i don't know where they are currently stored on my hard drive. I would like to save them to a CD-RW disc. I use outlook express.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

The PC Doctor 22:55 10 May 2003

Which version of Windows are you using ?

woodchip 23:11 10 May 2003

If you are win98 export them to a floppy or folder then copy to CD look under File in OE "Export Messages"

Belatucadrus 23:15 10 May 2003

If you open outlook express, click on "file" on the top left hand corner, half way down the drop down menu you should get two options " import " & "export" follow them through and you will see additional options for "address book " & "messages" Use export to save info to a disk and then on the new PC use import to load it. It's got a wizard so the steps should be explained fairly clearly as you run through it.

beeuuem 23:16 10 May 2003

I realise that you only asked about mail, however, if you want to save OE complete click here

Valvegrid 23:21 10 May 2003

If you have a web mail like hotmail or lycos, you could easily forward the emails to yourself and collect them off the web when the new computer is connected.

Regards

Paul

Lio 23:24 10 May 2003

Many thanks to all who replied, it always seems simple when you know how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?