copying downloaded material to a video recorder

tony_tone 17:45 28 Jun 2004

I wish to copy downloaded programs from my pc to a video recorder. I have a Dell Dimension L600CX system and need to know what hardware I need to purchase and approximate cost. I'm on Broadband so have no problem in downloading the programmes.

hugh-265156 18:23 28 Jun 2004

i take it you mean movie trailers or video of some sort not programs as in software yeah?

if your graphics card has an svideo tv out socket (round 4 or 7 pin connector click here ) then all you need to do is get hold of an svideo to composite adapter (should have come with your graphics card and looks like click here ) and run this to your tv. enable clone mode on you graphics card and then any full screen video or game you play will also be shown on the tv set. set your vcr to the tvs av channel and record it.

or run the lead to the video directly and select the av channel on it.

hugh-265156 18:27 28 Jun 2004

ps. that only gives video

to get sound aswell you need one of these click here (minidisc lead) connect this to your sound card and attach the red and white phonos to the video sound in sockets.

if you dont have these audio in sockets on the vcr then get a scart adapter and attach everything to this and plug this into the vcr click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?