Copying demo cds problem on cd-rs!

albu 21:25 26 Mar 2005

I have 2 of my own demo cds with one song recorded on each. I recorded the 1st song okay to an ordinary cd-r using media player but the 2nd song won't copy at all using nero or media player?
I have tried a cd-r and cd-rw, lowering the recording speed and cleaning the cd?

When you're copying music cds, should you copy to an audio cd-r disk, rather than using a cd-r for computer data?

Any help or advice please?

Thanks

DieSse 22:28 26 Mar 2005

"but the 2nd song won't copy" - can you describe exactly what does happen please.

There is no need to asu "audio" CD-Rs to copy music to.

albu 19:11 27 Mar 2005

My demo is copied to the media player library - I select copy to cd or device in media player - Selected demo - Insert media dialogue box came up asking me to insert a cd-r or cd-rw - Then Windows media player 9 series 0xC00D11AB:cannot copy files to recordable disc condition ID 0X00000000. It suggests I clean cd-r, select slower write speed, try a different brand of disc and quit other programs. I've tried these.

In Nero it comes up - This CD is not writable.

Why did the first demo record okay?

Using XP Home, Media Player 9, Nero 5.5.
CD-Rs tried: Memorex 80 min 1x-16x compatible and Traxdata 16x

CD-RW: Philips: CD-RW80 80 min 4-12x.

Can anyone offer me any help please?

DieSse, thanks!

albu 19:53 27 Mar 2005

Just updated to media player 10 and same problems exist.

albu 20:55 27 Mar 2005

As I'm new and inexperienced in burning cd's I think I now know what I was trying to do.

I burned 1 song to a cd-r then stopped. I then tried to burn another song to the same cd-r, which you can only write once to.

I tried burning both demos to a new cd-r at the same and it worked.

Silly Old Me, Doh!

lisa02 21:12 27 Mar 2005

For ordinary data on a cd-r you can do a multi-session disc, keep burning to a single disc til its full(in different sessions), but you can't when you make an audio one, just data.

Thought I'd mention cos I kept wasting cd-r's with just a few files til I was told multi-session!!

plsndrs3 21:23 27 Mar 2005

You haven't mentioned whether you are copying on the fly [disk-to-disk] or through the hard drive. I had a simlar issue a while back and eventually sorted it by copying the whole disk over to the hard drive, then copying from the hard drive to the CDR. Nero seemed to prefer this - only had the problem once never again though!

HTH

Paul

plsndrs3 21:25 27 Mar 2005

My browser didn't update with your solution. Ignore my comments [most do :o)]

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone