copying contents of cd to dvd

phillyw 13:50 03 Nov 2005

been given some family holiday videos on a cd, but my dvd player only plays dvd's. Is there any way i can copy contents of cd onto a dvd disc,i have Nero installed but haven't tried it yet?

jack 14:19 03 Nov 2005

The best way to copy files of this nature is to create a folder with a unique name - say CD Stuff
Then copy the CD to it.
When ready -assuming your burner drive is a DVD burner - simply burn from the CD Stuff folder.
Works the otherway round too if you have a DVD for folk that dont have a DVD reader.

phillyw 14:26 03 Nov 2005

Thanks for response Jack,could you tell me how to create folder and how to actually copy the cd contents to it? Never done anything like that before so excuse my ignorance,cheers.

pj123 15:07 03 Nov 2005

I don't understand that. If the videos on the CD are VCDs then a DVD player should play them.

jack 19:32 03 Nov 2005

Phillyw your Q first.
Go to My Computer and open 'C' within '[email protected] on the left side you will see 'create a folder'
click on this a new folder appears at boase of page.
Give it the name- the cursor sholud be winking at you
if not right click and then click on rename.
now right click and click on 'create a shortcut'
- reduce the Window and drag the shortcut to the desk top.
Now put the disk in question in the drive and right click and click on 'Open'
Go to Edit and click select all
Then click Copy.
Close the window
Go to CD Stuff folder now on the desktop
right click and click paste.
All the stuff from the disk will transfert to the folder.
Now all you have to do is run your burner program and select the contents of 'CDStuff' to the burn window.

jack 19:34 03 Nov 2005

Not all DVD players do all things although most current one do most things.
Anyway the main thrust was how to copy a CD[of any type]

jack 10:29 04 Nov 2005

As a finishing though most DVD players play JPEG file if loaded and burned straight to disc as they are.
If you can try to find out the nature of the supplied disk- is it for example a Kodak or any other special format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?