Copying clips from DVD to hard drive to be edited in MoviePlus

johnincrete 09:51 13 May 2014

I am a very proud grandfather! My grandaughter is captain of the Greek U17 National Soccer Team. There are a number of DVD's of some of her games. I want to copy the relevent clips from the DVD's to the PC and then extract her (many) goals using MoviePlus and then burn a DVD to be sent to soccer clubs in UK. The question is: which of the filrs on the DVD do I need to copy? The DVDs have the same structure: at the top level there are two folders AUDIOTS which is empty and VIDEOTS which contains the following files: VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.IFO VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS010.BUP VTS010.IFO VTS010.VOB This app-ears to be the DVD menu VTS011.VOB VTS012.VOB VTS013.VOB VTS014.VOB

Which of these should I copy to PC?

Alternatively, can anyone direct me to information as to what these files are.

johnincrete 09:53 13 May 2014

Sorry, some of the file names have got corrupted

chub_tor 11:33 13 May 2014

Click here for an explanation of how the files on a DVD are set up, I know you can import many of these files into MoviePlus X5 via Import Media once you have located them on the disk. Once you understand the basics of the file structure try importing some of the .VOB files into your version of MoviePlus and if that works you should be able to use the MoviePlus features to extract the sections you need and if necessary add your own captions, effects etc.

chub_tor 11:39 13 May 2014

Should have added that if the files are encoded and protected in any way MoviePlus will allow you to import them BUT when you try to play them they will be scrambled and not useable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?