Copying from a CD to a DVD

Bill&Ben 13:39 29 Nov 2005

I have recently installed a DVD drive,(I already have a CD drive) I wish to copy from a CD which has photos, onto a DVD. Using "Nero StartSmart" I insert both discs, select DVD, then to "copy entire disk" then burn. But a window appears "Your compilation cannot be written to this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make it compatable with the current disc" What do I do next !! I would add that I am a novice to PC's so require a "detailed" answer, thanks for your help, Bill&Ben

Totally-braindead 13:45 29 Nov 2005

I think its the copy thing, if you select copy I think Nero assumes its same to same ie a CD to a CD or a DVD to a DVD. Suggest you just either copy the CD to the hard drive and burn it from there or just select make data DVD and burn it the data from the CD drive to the DVD. Remember though that unless you tick allow multisession on the burn screen it will close the DVD and you won't be able to write any more info to it. Also if the disk is not finalised a lot of DVD players won't be able to see it, by this I mean stand alone ones for the TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?