copy photos to cd-r to view on dvd player

dijo 19:19 14 Jul 2008

Hi there, I have a new computer with windows vista home premium on it I have tried to copy photos onto a cd-r to view on my dvd player. I can view them on my computer, but not on my dvd player. I have previously copied photos onto discs at my local 'woolies' and viewed them on my dvd player so I should be able to see them, when I put the cd in it looks as if it thinks it is an item of music and plays nothing, I also tired to copy them onto a dvd-r and the same thing happened, only this time the dvd player spat the dvd out! I have since copied a short video onto a dvd-r and the dvd player plays it fine, what am I doing wrong?
thanks in atticipation of any help!
ps my old computer ran on windows 98 and was 10 years old and did not have a dvd or cd drive, so I have never tried copying anything before!

peter99co 20:20 14 Jul 2008

How are you making the copy? ( what Program?)

jack 20:57 14 Jul 2008

The DVD player may not like your particular brand of disk

The disk will have to finalized.

The commerecially made disk may have unvluded a view facility

Try downloading a slide show program

Irfanview
DVDPixPlay
are two many other- thgese burn dirct to a slide shoe with the disk as a VCD.
That should do it.

peter99co 21:21 14 Jul 2008

Is it asking what type of format you wold like to use? ie mastered or not.

tonyq 13:30 15 Jul 2008

dijo
in windows vista home premium,you should have "Windows DVD Maker" installed,which will do what you are wanting to do,by means of making a simple slideshow which then burns to a DVD (DVD not CD). Hope this is of some help.

dijo 15:12 15 Jul 2008

thanks for all the answers,

tonyq
I will try the slide show on the dvd as I do have windows dvd maker and was able to burn a small video made with my digital camera.

peter99co
it didnt ask me what type of format I wanted

jack - what does finalize mean?

why cant I use cd-r, are they just for computers? and not dvd players? as my dvd players say they are compatable with them

jack 17:36 15 Jul 2008

jack - what does finalize mean?
click here
and
click here

why cant I use cd-r, are they just for computers? and not dvd players? as my dvd players say they are compatable with them
You can use DVD R +or -

Google for indepth answers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?