copy from one disk to another

User-178362 21:11 20 Aug 2006

I have only one disk drive. Could you please help me copy info from the disk to a new disk. I did write to CD, then put a new disk in, as you know it had nothing to copy from as I had taken the disk out. I clicked on copy then I wanted to click on past so that I would have two of the same disk in Control panel, of cause it didn't work. Help please.

VoG II 21:37 20 Aug 2006

Which copying software do you have e.g. Nero?

DieSse 21:59 20 Aug 2006

What sort of disk are you talking about - hard drive or floppy disk, or CD?

rodriguez 22:19 20 Aug 2006

If it's a CD then you can normally just make a copy by inserting the original disc and going on Copy CD in your burning software. It will read the original and make a temporary copy to the hard drive, then it will eject the original and ask for a blank disc. It will write to the blank disc and delete the temporary copy it made earlier.

User-178362 19:22 21 Aug 2006

Talking about CD-R80. I would like to copy from one disk to another using XP. Just went into Nero I clicked on copy, it started to copy, but what? I canceled but I think I have copied something. I have just copied following instructions from rodriguez, I clicked on Nero. Not sure if I could do it again. If there is more than one way could you please tell me. i.e using XP. Thanks to everyone.

DieSse 20:53 21 Aug 2006

Nero is by far and away the easiest to use. You use the "Copy CD" function.

It will read the CD you are copying from, then automatically prompt you to put in a new blank CD - then it will write the data to the new CD.

You don't have to do anything cleverer than what it tells you to on the screen. It simply couldn't be easier.

*I clicked on copy, it started to copy, but what? I canceled but I think I have copied something*

You wait - and follow what the screen messages tell you - you don't cancel it. You haven't copied anything if you didn't get as far as putting in the new blank CD to write onto (how could you have done).

User-178362 23:56 21 Aug 2006

Thank you all. I thought, just maybe I had copied and it might have been waiting for me to write it to disk. I did click on everything I could see in Nero I thought it looked alright. Thank you again.

terryf 01:49 22 Aug 2006

If you create a new folder on your desktop and copy the contents of the CD to this folder, you could then write that folders contents to a new CD however I have never had problems using Nero to carry out this function

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?